This qualification is a flexible and variable pre-vocational qualification. The qualification has been designed with the aim to progress learners into further learning and/or employment. The intention is to enable learners to achieve or work towards a national qualification and improve their opportunities for progression in other curriculum areas.
The qualification consists of a range of core units to provide opportunities for learners to develop skills in the areas such as communication, personal development, personal confidence, and self-awareness, etc; plus, a range of ‘taster’ units in different sector specific areas providing opportunities for learners to test out their abilities and personal preferences before selecting a chosen career or employment route.
These qualifications will be of particular benefit to those learners who:
• want to progress into other further education courses
• would benefit from alternative approaches to curriculum and learning
• want to test out a vocational area to inform their career/employment choices
• for whatever reason, have not previously achieved in education
• need to develop their Maths and English skills.